(References are made to the Legal and Website Terms section)
This statement sets out the standards you can expect from us in handling any information you entrust.
What you can expect from us
- Where you have a choice as to whether to provide us with your information, or what we do with it, we aim to make it is as easy as possible to exercise that choice.
- We always set out the reasons for the collection of information, and only use it for those reasons.
- Only information which we actually need is collected and processed.
- Your personal information is seen only by authorised staff who need it to perform their duties.
- Any information which we no longer need is deleted, unless we are compelled to keep it by law. Where we cannot, we will make this clear.
- We will provide you with the ability to review and manage your information.
- Decisions affecting you are made only on the basis of reliable and up-to-date information.
- We will apply reasonable organisational and technical safeguards against unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
- A copy of any information we hold about you is provided to you on request and we will honour your requests and rights, subject to the relevant appropriate legal restrictions and guidelines.
- Any inaccurate or misleading information is checked and corrected as soon as you bring this to our attention.
- We will put in place appropriate controls to manage any third-party vendor or supplier we deal with, holding them accountable via contract to specific standards, and ensuring they do not act without our instruction, passing on your choices and restrictions.
- Proper procedures are in place for dealing promptly with any complaints that you make. The principles apply to personal information that we hold in all formats, including computer and paper based records.
- We will only share information with external agencies for specified purposes, for reasons required by law or with your consent.
Data Protection Notice.
When the TalNetowrk and its affiliated entities (together ‘TalNetwork’, ‘us’ or ‘we’) collects your information, we are required by law to be fair in notifying individuals on how their information will be managed and to inform them of their rights. But more than that, we want to be transparent, open and ethical in our practices.
This data protection notice provides information on how we use personal data relating to our prospective and existing customers, our partners and other individuals we do business with.
We process information relevant to server you or your organisation. This information may include:
- personal details
- contact details and preferences
- payment details
- family, lifestyle
- photographic ID
- education and employment details.
Details may include name, contact details, nationality, date of birth, experience and references.
If you visit our website, we collect information about the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of your device used to access the Site which helps us monitor the level of activity and the service we provide.
Data Storage and Security
TalNetwork main information systems are located within the Asia Pacific Region, concentrated in Singapore. In addition to our in-house storage (if any), we use AWS services. We process information within the Asia Pacific, but may also transfer data outside of Asia Pacific to our suppliers as part of our operations and service delivery. Other teams within TalNetwork may need to access, use and store your data in certain circumstances to communicate with you.
Some of our partners, service providers, or technology vendors may pass information outside of the Asia Pacific into jurisdictions where privacy laws, and obligations may vary. For such transfers, we will always ensure that appropriate safeguards and measures are put in place to protect your privacy and we will also point this out to you in specific privacy notices for that product or service, if applicable.
We will retain your details for as long as they are needed for the relevant purposes. We may also retain certain records for other legitimate reasons.
Individual’s rights are qualified (meaning they may not have these rights at all times, or in all circumstances), but generally speaking, individual’s rights include:
- the right of access or to obtain a copy of their information
- the right to correction or updating
- the right to complain
- the right to object, block or put on hold processing
- the right to be forgotten
- the right of data portability to another provider
- the right to be compensated for damage or distress
- rights related to automated decision making (machine based judgements).